ATLANTA, GEORGIA: (March 13, 2020) – The SCCL is immediately suspending all sanctioned league competition until further notice.
Reinstatement of league competition in the future will be based upon recommendations from appropriate health authorities. Our focus is on the health and well-being of all SCCL participants and to limit potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
Clubs should follow guidance from their local health departments and the CDC regarding decisions on training sessions and/or other team activities to ensure the safety and well-being of their players, families coaches and other support staff.
To assist in limiting potential transmission of any respiratory illness, we are recommending the following procedures for any club related event or training:
- Players should bring their own individual water or sport drink to any trainings to eliminate potential transmission risk from sharing cups and water stations
- Eliminate handshakes to avoid unnecessary personal contact
- Have hand sanitizer available for players
- Wipe down benches pre- and post-training with disinfectant antiviral wipes
- Any players, parents, or supporters with any flu-like symptoms should not attend any training
In addition, please keep in mind these everyday preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Finally, here are additional resources from the CDC and other organizations regarding the Coronavirus:For more information please visit www.southeasternccl.com
Best wishes for continued good health.
The SCCL Team